Windows Client Setup
To print from a client PC to a PC running FlexiPRINT SERVER-PRO, the output device setup in FlexiPRINT SERVER-PRO must have a desktop print queue. This print queue is automatically created as a shared network print queue.
The desktop print queue on the server can be created at the same time as the output device setup. See Adding/Changing New Setups for more information.
If your client machine is running Windows XP, make sure you have administrative privileges before installing.
- Click the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- If the Control Panel is set to Classic View, double-click Printers and Faxes. Otherwise, click on Printers and Other Hardware and then click Printers and Faxes.
- From the Printer Tasks column on the left, click Add a Printer. When the Add Printer Wizard opens, click Next.
- Select A Network printer, or a printer attached to another computer and click Next.
- Select Connect to this printer (or to browse for a printer, select this option) and click Next.
- From the list, select the computer you want to use, then select the printer and click Next.
- Select No under Do you want to use this printer as the default printer and click Next.
- Click Finish.
Client applications on this computer can send jobs to the server for processing and printing.