Enabling Printer Sharing without Setting Up a Network
- From the Start menu, select Control Panel.
- If the Windows XP Control Panel is set to Classic View, double-click Printer and Faxes. Otherwise, click the Printer and Other Hardware icon, and then click the Printers and Faxes icon.
- Right-click the printer you want to share and select Sharing from the context menu.
- To share the printer without running the Network Setup Wizard, click the If you understand the security risks but want to share printers without running the wizard, click here link.
- In the Enable File Sharing dialog, select Just enable printer sharing and click OK.
- Click OK.