Setting Up File and Printer Sharing for Windows XP
Depending on your network, you may first need to enable printer sharing. See Enabling Printer Sharing without Setting Up a Network for more information.
- From the Start menu, select Control Panel.
- If the Windows XP Control Panel is set to Classic View, double-click Network Connections. Otherwise, click the Network and Internet Connections icon, and then click the Network Connections icon.
- Double-click the Local Area Connection icon and click the Properties button.
- Under the General tab, click Install.
- Select Service in the Select Network Component screen and click Add.
- Select File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks in the Select Network Service screen and click OK.
- You will now see File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks in the Network screen. Click Close.