This filter shows a histogram that graphically represents the colors present in the image. Peaks indicate color density. By moving the sliders inwards, it is possible to redefine the black and white points in the bitmap.
- Select the bitmap.
- From the Bitmap menu, point to Filters and select Level.
The Level tab appears in DesignCentral, and a sampling marquee appears on the screen.
- Move the marquee over the area to be sampled and adjust its size.
- In the Level tab of DesignCentral, adjust the following parameters.
- Select RGB in the dropdown list to adjust all RGB channels at once. To adjust one specific color channel, select Red, Green, or Blue.
- Do one of the following:
- Click on the slider line.
- Click and drag the sliders under the histogram.
- Enter values in the numeric fields.
- Click the Auto button to have the software automatically define the black and white point in each channel and redistribute the intermediate pixel values proportionately.
- Click the Reset button to restore the sliders to their original positions.
- Click Preview to see a preview while adjusting the color parameters.
- Click Apply.