Contour Cutting from Macintosh OS X
To specify a contour cut:
- In Adobe Illustrator, display the Swatches palette and the Color palette:
- From the Window menu, check Swatches and/or Color. Selecting either one displays both.
- Create new a ContourCut swatch:
- From the Swatches palette, click the arrow in the upper right corner and choose New Swatch.
- In the New Swatch dialog, enter the CutContour as the Swatch Name. The spelling and case must match exactly or the stroke is not recognized as a contour cut path.
- Set Color Type to Spot Color.
- Set Color Mode to the desired color mode and select the color that represents the contour cut path.
- Click OK.