Printing from Client Applications
The guidelines in this section describe how to generate the best output from popular desktop applications.
To send a job to the software from a client application:
- Open the software.
- If not already done, create desktop drivers for your output device setups:
- From the setup context menu, select Setup Properties.
- From the Job Workflow tab, click the Install desktop driver button.
- To run the client application and the software on different computers:
- Set up the computer running the software to receive jobs from clients. See Setting Up File and Printer Sharing for more information.
- On your computer, add a network printer queue for the software. See Windows Client Setup or Macintosh OS X Client Setup for more information.
If PhotoPRINT / FlexiPRINT is running on a Macintosh computer, you only can print to it from applications running on the same computer. The Macintosh does not support printing from a remote application.
- Select the application's Print command.
- Select the software's print queue from the list of available printers in the Print dialog.
- Print the job.