To create a print queue under OS X.3 that outputs to the shared network print queue via AppleTalk on a PC running FlexiPRINT SERVER-PRO:
- Run the Printer Setup Utility found in the Utilities sub-folder of the Applications folder.
- Add a print queue using one of the following methods:
- From the Printers menu, select Add Printer.
- Click Add in the toolbar.
- Select AppleTalk from the topmost pop-up menu.
- In the lower pop-up menu, select AppleTalk Network.
- Using the lower window, select the specific AppleTalk network zone where the computer that is running FlexiPRINT SERVER-PRO is located and click Choose.
- Select the shared printer queue for the FlexiPRINT SERVER-PRO output device setup.
If necessary, log in using the ID and password for that computer.
- Set Printer Model to Other.
- Browse for the PPD under the shared SAi folder located on the computer that is running FlexiPRINT SERVER-PRO. By default, the PPD folder is installed in C:\Program Files\SAi\SAi Production Suite\Jobs and Settings\PPD.
If you can't find the PPD, set Printer Model to Generic. This should allow it to work at a basic level, but may prevent access to certain printer-specific features.
- Click Add.
- From the Printer Setup Utility menu, select Quit Printer Setup Utility.