Sharing a Hardware Key over a Local Area Network
It is possible to run the design software on one computer and Production Manager on a separate computer, using only one hardware key. The computer that has Production Manager and the computer that has the design software must be networked, and TCP/IP must be installed properly and working.
You cannot run more than one concurrent instance of the software using the same hardware key.
- Install the design software on the design station.
- Install the production software on the production station.
- Attach the hardware key to either the design station or the production station.
- Launch either the design software or the production software. The software can run as long as the key is attached to one of the stations.
- Connect to the instance of Production Manager running on the production station. (See Connecting to Production Manager on another Computer on your Local Area Network for more information.)