Using the Crop Tool
The Crop tool allows you to select part of a bitmap and delete the rest of it.
- Select the bitmap you want to edit.
- From the Bitmap Edit toolbar, select the Crop tool.
- Click and drag the cursor over the bitmap to create a rectangular marquee, or hold Shift and drag to create a square marquee.
The marquee selection must be a simple rectangle or square. You cannot use Shift or Ctrl to create a more complex marquee with the Crop tool.
- Adjust the Crop Width and Crop Height values of the marquee in DesignCentral, or adjust the cropping size by dragging the marquee's borders and corners.
- Click and drag a point inside the marquee to reposition it.
- Click Apply , double-click inside the marquee, or press Enter to crop the bitmap to the selected size.
Original image with a cropping marquee
DesignCentral for Crop
Use Undo to remove cropping errors.