Spot Color Printing and Contour Cutting
To specify a spot color to use to output a design element or to specify a contour cut:
- In Macromedia FreeHand, choose Windows > Panel > Color Mixer.
- Choose the color you want to use for the screen representation of the color.
- Click Tint and assign it a tint percentage. Use 100% to print the spot color with full coverage.
- Click Add to Color List.
- Enter the name for the spot color.
The name needs to be an exact match with the Spot Color List in order to work. For a contour cut path, use the color name CutContour.
- Select the Spot option.
- Click Add.
- Repeat for any additional colors.
- To assign these colors to an object:
- Select the object.
- Choose the Fill tab of the Object Inspector.
- Choose Basic and select the color you added from the menu.
- Send the job to print as you normally would. The server software interprets the special color names and can print them as spot colors or as a contour cut path.